Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Uttar Pradesh OBC Reservation: After the decision of the Allahabad High Court regarding the municipal elections in Uttar Pradesh, there has been a political uproar in the state. The High Court said in its decision that the election will be held without OBC reservation. On this, the UP government said in a statement that local body elections will be conducted only after providing reservation to OBCs. The opposition has also surrounded the government on this issue. Know the big things related to the matter.
1. The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Tuesday (December 27) quashed the draft notification of the Uttar Pradesh government regarding municipal elections and ordered the holding of municipal elections in the state without OBC (Other Backward Classes) reservation. The bench ordered the state government and the State Election Commission to complete the local body elections by January 31, 2023, considering the backward class seats as general category seats.
2. The bench said in its order that the tenure of all the bodies has ended and some will end by January 31, 2023, in such a situation, it is very difficult to conduct triple test proceedings. If it will take a long time, then it would be appropriate that the State Government and the State Election Commission should immediately issue notification for holding the local body elections.
3. On the decision of the court, the state government said that by setting up a commission in this matter, reservation facility will be made available to the citizens of Other Backward Classes (OBC) on the basis of triple test. Only after this the municipal elections will be held. The government said that if necessary, the government will appeal in the Supreme Court as well.
4. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the Uttar Pradesh government will set up a commission in the context of urban body general elections and provide reservation facility to the citizens of Other Backward Classes (OBC) on the basis of triple test. After this, the urban body general elections will be conducted.
5. Yogi Adityanath said that if necessary, the state government will also appeal against the decision of the High Court in the Supreme Court. Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya said that the final decision will be taken at the government level after a detailed study of the court’s order regarding the municipal elections, after consulting legal experts, but no compromise will be made regarding the rights of the backward classes.
6. The main opposition Samajwadi Party of UP has termed it as an attack on the rights of the backward and said that the BJP is showing crocodile sympathy on the subject of OBC reservation in the civic body elections. Bahujan Samaj Party has also given a sharp reaction against BJP after the verdict.
7. SP chief and former UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said after the verdict that BJP is showing sympathy on the issue of OBC reservation in civic body elections. It is very unfortunate that the rights of our backward people are being snatched away. BJP has always done anti-reservation works. They are not concerned with any provision of the constitution. The BJP wants to gradually take away the rights given by Babasaheb Ambedkar.
8. BSP President and former Chief Minister Mayawati said that the High Court’s decision to take cognizance of the performance of the government regarding the reservation given to the Other Backward Classes under the constitutional right in the civic elections, is in true sense the anti-OBC and anti-reservation thinking and mentality of the BJP government. represents.
9. Significantly, the Lucknow bench had completed the hearing on Saturday on the issue of municipal elections that were stalled for a fortnight and said that it would give its verdict on December 27. The court heard the matter despite the winter break due to the nature of the trial.
10. Earlier this month, the state government had sought suggestions/objections within seven days while releasing the provisional list of seats reserved for mayors of 17 municipal corporations, chairpersons of 200 municipal councils and 545 nagar panchayats in the three-tier municipal elections. Also said that the final list will be released two days after receiving the suggestions/objections.
read this also–
Court granted bail to the accused by saying ‘Grant of bail cannot be denied considering merit as punishment’
Jasmine Shah: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has directed the Planning Department to withdraw the order restraining Delhi Dialogue and Development Commission (DDCD) vice-chairman Jasmine Shah from discharging her duties. He said Lieutenant Governor...
Giriraj Singh News: Union Minister Giriraj Singh has been enraged over the controversial statement of Badruddin Ajmal while advocating Sanatan Dharma. Union Minister Giriraj Singh said that people like Badruddin and Owaisi should not...
Image Source : FILE PHOTO Flood like situation in Himachal Monsoon rains are wreaking havoc in Himachal Pradesh. Flood like situation has been created in many districts. Rivers and drains are in spate. Cloud...