- Learn here how to write SOP?
- Which mistakes should not be made while writing Statement Of Purpose
- Tips to write SOP in a professional manner
How To Write A Strong Statement Of Purpose: With the completion of graduation, you will be preparing for further studies. For example, you must have made up your mind to do PhD or Masters. But for this you have to make a Statement of Purpose (SOP). In this, you will tell why you want to study further in a subject, that is, what are your objectives. On the basis of this, you will be given admission in a college.
There are many things inside it too, such as – test, form filling, recommendation letter and personal statement, but SOP i.e. Statement of Purpose is important. Your future is to be decided on the basis of these, so how to make SOP is a big question. Some important things that matter a lot while making SOP, we are going to tell you that –
First of all understand that your SWhat information does the person in front of you want through OP?
- Why do you want to study in that subject?
- Are you ready for that study?
- Why do you want to study where you are applying?
- How can this study help you in the future?
If you make an SOP keeping these points in mind, you create a story. It explains why you want to dedicate your whole life to any subject. Instead of answering these questions, give the information in an interesting tone. If this task seems daunting, then these tips will come in handy for you.
Read also: IFS Exam Preparation Tips: Prepare for Indian Foreign Service Exam, follow these easy tips
clichéd answersdon’t write
- This is of paramount importance when applying for any grad school. You have to look different from others. If you see someone else’s SOP and feel that my SOP is the same, then understand that you have done something wrong.
- Avoid writing superficial things. For example, don’t write that I like to do research on glaciers. Rather write, ‘I studied Kibo Crater Rim by climbing 5895 meters of Mount Kilimanjaro, now my next goal is to conquer Mount Everest. With the help of this information, I will study the height and the role of the debris layer in melting the glacier.
- Writing like this shows about your experience, passion and seriousness about a subject.
keep the word limit in mind
While writing the SOP, keep in mind what the limit is. Most SOPs should be around 500 to 1000 words. But do check the limit again. Try, that you can describe things in less words. Don’t sit down to write your autobiography. Remember the most important aspects of your life. Collect them according to priority, then start writing.
Read also: Learn English: Become a Master of English by Staying at Home, How to Improve Your Spoken English
The way of writing should be formal. It may be allowed to be avoided in some places, but try to use a professional tone and wording. Along with this, one more advice that there should be a flow like conversation in writing. Colloquial words may be used. Reduce the use of words derived from Sanskrit or Sanskrit. Keep in mind that your SOP should be readable, it should not be an epic out of a newspaper article or fat books of MBBS doctors. In such a situation, the administrator will stop reading your SOP in the middle. Which can harm you a lot.
How to start, why is it important to write a subject?
- There is a rule for this, you can say golden rule, it means to break your first paragraph into 4 sentences.
- Try to grab the attention of the reader by mentioning the most interesting things in the beginning. Tell how after that incident you became interested in that subject and now you want to study further in it.
- “I’ve always wanted to study it because I had to do it” – Never start with a sentence like that.
How to give information about yourself?
Decide how much information to give. Give some specific information, which will force the person in front to think that you are not making up the story. Do not start giving too many details in this affair, otherwise the words will fall short. Mention information about 2 to 3 important things.
How to tell if you are ready for this study?
Give information that is not usually found in the resume. Seats are less, so mention the most important things. Explain why you are the best fit for this seat. What will come of taking this course and why are you different from others.
Along with mentioning these things, tell how the knowledge gained in the past has carried you forward and how it can help in the future.
Why do you want to study in this institute?
Do not praise any person of the institute, mention these things only if you have a basis. For example, don’t mention a professor just to fill his name. Mention only if you got some benefit during studies or in studies. This part can be completed in 3 to 4 paragraphs.
What will you do next?
If this information is not given, you can get upset. Tell me what you want to do in future. It often happens that many people prepare without any vision and the plate remains ready for research. Work hard for many years and but get confused.