- What is Virtual Internship?
- How can I do internship?
- Know what are its benefits
Benefits Of Internship: Now that you’re probably used to studying at home, why not try a virtual internship? Since the start of the lockdown, in-person internship is no longer a viable option for most students. Hence, virtual internships are being preferred as a great option since the start of the Coronavirus pandemic. But what is a virtual internship? Which companies are offering these? Do employers treat them as good as in-person internships? So let’s say-
What is Virtual Internship?
Virtual internship is a work experience placement that students can do from home. During internships, students work with their employers from a range of resources, including Skype, Microsoft Teams, email, webinars, and Slack.
Virtual internships (sometimes called remote internships) will look great on your resume and give you some valuable work experience. Virtual Internship You can do while applying for graduation and taking admission.
Read also: Career Options In Sociology: Want to make a career in Sociology? Here are the top 9 options in India
How long does the internship last?
If you want to do internship in your field, then you can do it for 3 to 6 months. Most of the organizations offer internships where you can experience your theory in real life. Sometimes internship is extended because of your work and you get more experience. Part time internship can be done from home and you learn new things.
Advantages of Remote Internship
The biggest advantage of internship is that you can do it anytime and work according to your time. You can work anywhere in the world and earn money.
- Save money and time: During virtual internship, you do not have to travel. You can work from anywhere in the world, which means you save money on rent and travel expenses.
- Resume is good: Working from home will improve your time management and self-discipline, while giving you work experience.
- Increases understanding of work: If you are working for an international firm, you can network with people from all over the world.
- Your connection grows: When you work online, your contacts grow. Later on, your work in the field becomes easier.
Read also: Online Courses: Know Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Courses
Virtual internship is considered experience
When you interview or apply for a job, an internship is considered an experience. As much as you gain experience by doing offline internship, virtual internship is also considered as experience. When you’re hiring, whatever you learned in the internship comes in handy. You do not have much trouble while doing the job because you have learned many things.
Not only this, along with doing the internship, you also get a stipend. You are also given a stipend from the company according to your work.