Thursday, January 20th, 2022

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy in trouble, convicted of using illegal money in elections

Amazon Sale

Amazon Sale


Paris
former president of france Nicolas Sarkozy He has been found guilty of illegal funding for his unsuccessful attempt to contest for re-election in 2012. Earlier this year Sarkozy was sentenced to three years in prison for corruption and abuse of influence. However, out of this, the sentence of two years was suspended. With this, he became the first French head of state to be sentenced to prison since 1945.

The court then said that Sarkozy would be able to request a stay-at-home detention and would have to wear an electronic bandage. However, with the two-year prison sentence suspended, his chances of going to jail are slim. At the same time, he has 10 days to appeal against the decision.

The judge was offered a job
Prosecutors proved that Sarkozy had offered Judge Gilbert Aigebert a job in Monaco. In return, L’Oréal sought secret information about the investigation into allegations of taking illegal money from Lillian Bettencourt. Sarkozy was accused of taking this money for the 2007 election campaign.

Money taken from former Libyan dictator
Lawyers said this came to light when a conversation between Sarkozy and his lawyer, Thierry Herzog, was being tapped. His phone was being tapped to investigate allegations of Libyan financing in the same campaign. It was alleged that former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi gave Sarkozy a bag full of notes.

.



Source link

Make sure, You’re Insured

Not opium, Taliban earns more than trade in Afghanistan, expert told, how will be the way ahead

Nandita Sengupta, KabulAfter the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan, the biggest concern was expressed about the treasury in their hands. Afghanistan has the highest opium cultivation in the whole world and in such...

Nuclear submarine collided with mountain in South China Sea, US Navy sacked

Highlights US Navy expels two senior officers of damaged submarine The Executive Officer and Senior Adviser to the Commander have also been removed from his post. This action was taken by Vice Admiral, the...

Highest new cases in the third wave of Corona in Britain after 6 months, more than 1200 experts warn – ‘Sin’ would be to remove the lockdown completely

LondonBritain is currently in the grip of the third wave of the Corona epidemic. On Friday, the 6-month-old record has been broken with 51,870 new cases. For the first time since January, there have...