Growing scope of interior designing
In today’s time interior designing is not limited to just decorating homes. Now apartments, bungalows, offices, hospitals, hotels, auditoriums, kiosks and other public places are also being made attractive with the help of interior designers.
- Good understanding, interest, creativity of interior design
- Ability to change designs as per customer demand
- Interior designing as per the budget of the customer
- Understanding of new trends, demand
- better communication skills
- Interior designers make homes, offices and other public-private places beautiful, attractive according to the budget of their customers.
- With the interior designing course, one can also do specialization in office designing, kitchen designing, hotel designing, room designing, business designing and others.
- Apart from being a freelancer, interior designers can also work with any company. – Architect can also provide own interior designing service in Farm, Hotel, Resort Chain, Public Works Department, Town Planning Bureau, Hospital, Mall, Showroom etc.
- There is also a demand for good interior designers in the film and TV industries.
- 12th pass candidates can apply for Interior Designer course.
- Admission in good government institutes is given through entrance exam.
- Many institutes, colleges and universities also offer diploma in interior designing course.
Associate Degree in Interior Design
An associate degree in interior design prepares learners to enter the field after two years of study – a great option for those looking to pursue a career in interior design. Professionals after this degree can work in design firms as well as other creative positions. Drafters work with architects and engineers to convert their designs into technical drawings using computer-aided design software. Make sketches and add architectural details to give it a practical look. They also create dimensions, talk about materials, and introduce new designs. After doing this course one can become Drafter, Construction and Building Inspector, Woodworker. Salary ranges up to $56,830 (₹42,17,524).
Read also: Sarkari Naukri 2021: Assam Rifles Recruitment for 10th pass, know how to get job
Bachelor Degree in Interior Designing
Bachelor Degree in Interior Designing. It teaches about Design Elements, Environment Creation, Visual Communication, Materials and Applications, Sustainable Environments and Color Theory. Most of these courses are of 4 years duration, although courses of shorter duration are also available. Interior designers create indoor spaces according to the instructions of the client. They visit locations for renovations, design, create plans, estimate costs, oversee projects during construction, and work with clients to create designs that match their style. One can become interior designer, landscape architect, industrial designer, construction manager. Salary: $56,040 (₹41,58,784)
Master’s Degree in Interior Design
For managerial and leadership positions, candidates often pursue a master’s in interior design. This degree provides the necessary knowledge to lead other teams of professionals. After this course one can become Interior Design Director, Architectural Manager, Urban-Regional Planner, Civil Engineer, Project Manager. They often work at the upper levels of interior design firms to supervise other designers. Oversee administrative tasks such as consulting and hiring, budgeting, employee compensation and benefits, marketing and sales on ongoing projects. Salary up to $95,630 (₹70,96,797).
Doctorate Degree in Interior Design
The doctoral program in interior design is the highest education in the subject. Individuals who take this course usually work in research, post secondary teaching or advanced business roles. In addition to completing several specialized courses, students do research and write research management. These courses take 3-5 years to complete, although there are part-time options as well. These programs go beyond master’s level coursework. After this course, Interior Design Professor, Interior Design Researcher, Chief Executive Officer work in positions like. These professionals work in colleges and universities to educate interior designers aspiring to make a career in this field. They deliver lectures, assign papers and projects, grade exams, provide mentorship, and provide networking connections for exceptional students. Salary: Up to $79,540 (₹59,02,742).
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Interior Space and Ethnic Design
- BBA in Interior Design
- MBA in Interior Design
- PG Diploma in Interior Design
- Advance Diploma in Interior Design