Gone are the times when it was said that matches are made in heaven, now the era is digital. Many youths use dating apps like Tinder to match. Meeting a stranger on the internet and then going on a date with them has become quite common.
Along with other countries of the world, the trend of dating apps is increasing in India as well. Many Indian IT startups have also launched their dating apps. Recently, in the Shraddha murder case in Delhi, the name of a dating app is also coming up on which both of them met. In many recent incidents, the use of dating apps for crime has come to the fore. These dating apps claim to protect your data, but if you use them then you should also take some precautions. Today we are going to give you 5 such tips which can give you security to a great extent.
1. Don’t give out too much personal information
Giving too much personal information in dating apps can be fatal. Usually these apps have some safety features, like you can chat with someone on the app and if the other person doesn’t match your mood, you can end the conversation there. Once you end the conversation, there is no way for the other person to reach you. But still you should never give some information during the chat:
- your full name: Some apps force you to use the full name you have on your documents. Avoid such apps. You should always give your first name or nickname on the social platform.
- Your social media account information: Connecting your dating app to Instagram and sharing photos can be fun, but it’s also an easy way for someone to find you. Even if you don’t match.
- Your phone number: Many people pressure you to keep the conversation on WhatsApp instead of the app. But don’t feel compelled to give out your number until you feel comfortable with the person.
- Your home or work address: Never share it until you meet the person and learn to trust them.
2. Check if this account is verified
Some apps like Tinder, Bumble, and Grindr give users the option of getting verified. This means they have to somehow prove to the app that they are a real person. This could be with a photo ID, their phone camera or other documents. If someone is verified, you can tell they are serious about dating.
3. Phone or video call before meeting
Before you get to know them completely and meet someone in person, try getting them to talk to you on the phone. He’ll give off a completely different vibe when you actually talk to him. And today there is also an option of video call. You can learn more about their personality from their body language and facial expressions.
4. Check their background
If you are planning to meet someone, then try to know about their background as well. Rest assured that you have nothing to worry about. You may come across some disturbing pictures, hate groups, or criminal records on their social sites. The easiest way is to do a Google search of their name. You can also follow his Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and visit posts from the past few weeks. Tinder also lets you do criminal background checks on your matches, while there are other background check websites out there if you don’t use Tinder.
5. Meet publicly and share your location
Last but not the least, when you are planning to meet personally, then instead of some unknown place, meet in public places like mall, market, cinema. Along with this, you can also share your location with friends.
Latest Business News