launch by 2022Likely to happen
- Apple previously aimed to have a body temperature sensor in this year’s model, but it is now more likely to be included in the 2022 update. The blood-sugar sensor, which will help diabetics to monitor their glucose levels, is unlikely to be launched commercially for many more years.
- Measuring body temperature became an essential part of COVID-19 detection, leading to a surge in demand for gadgets like the Withings Thermo. Some companies offer small digital thermometers that plug into the charging port of a smartphone.
- Adding a body temperature sensor to its Watch will help Apple match other smartwatches and fitness bands, including products from Alphabet-owned Fitbit.
Watch will detect sugar level through skin
- Apple has been working on a blood sugar monitoring feature for a long time and it will be a feature that hasn’t been added by competitors till now. Apple and others currently rely on apps that let users manually input their glucose levels, while medical device companies like Dexcom offer blood-sugar monitors that share data with the Apple Watch. Users usually need to prick their finger to draw blood for an accurate glucose test, but Apple is aiming for a non-invasive solution that can analyze blood through the skin.
with these featuresNew Apple Watch will also be equipped
- For this year’s model, Apple has tested thinner display borders and a new lamination technology that brings the display closer to the front cover. The new watch is likely to be a bit thick overall, but not in a way that is noticeable to the user.
- The model gets updated ultra-wideband functionality, the same technology that’s also included in the Apple AirTag Item Finder. At its developer conference in early June, Apple previewed the upcoming watchOS 8 software update, which will let the device unlock doors and hotel rooms.
- Some at Apple pointed out that the Xtreme Sport model, described as an “explorer” or “adventure” version, was in development for release earlier this year, but is now more likely to launch in 2022. That new model will help Apple to challenge players like Garmin and Casio.
The watch is an important part of the company’s product portfolio.
Since going on sale in 2015, the Apple Watch has become an important part of Apple’s product portfolio. Along with the iPhone and iPad, it fills the company’s hardware ecosystem and helped Apple’s broader wearables, home and accessories category generate over $30 billion (approximately Rs 2,19,750 crore) in the last financial year.